I (Brett) was able to spend a full week alongside Christian and his family, Vapor representatives in Togo, WEst AFrica at the Vapor Center. It was incredible to experience the different people and environment and to witness first hand how the Lord is using this center as a tool to truly transform lives in Christ.
1. Christian spoke on Sunday and a guy whose father is a voodoo priest got saved! I was able to attend a voodoo ceremony and it was wild. Walking to the party at night through the slums with the banging of the drums gave me chills as I came to an open area with low lighting, dancing, and singing. I stood there feeling like I have interrupted something that I was not invited to. But then Christian started going around taking video and shaking hands. I was introduced to the priest of the area and he was extremely friendly. I met some of the others whom Christian has developed a relationship with and they were bragging on him. It was an experience that I will never forget.
2. I was invited into that priests home and he wanted me to send his greetings and to bring a message:
- He hopes we are appreciating Christian because he is doing a great work in the community
- He recognizes that we follow Christ, and Christ did many great things while on the Earth and Vapor is following in his footsteps. He is happy to be serving together in the community
- The voodoo community will continue to support Vapor even if it cannot provide jobs because Vapor is changing lives and improving the community.
- Anytime we come to visit we are welcome to greet him.
*What a message he gave! Never thought I would here those words come out of a voodoo priests mouth. This should encourage us that we serve the one true God that even the darkness can recognize. James 2:19 “...Even the demons believe---and shudder”
No comments:
Post a Comment