In addition, we have another friend who will be running this weekend in the Berlin World Championships on Sunday the 23rd. Competing for the World Women's title, Irene Limika will be giving her all in this race. We have developed a strong relationship with her and her family and are anticipating a strong outcome for her.
1 Cor. 9: 24-27
“Do you not know that in a race all the runners compete, but only one receives the prize? So, run that you may obtain it. Every athlete practices self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So, I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But, I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.”
We know that her body has been trained in the utmost of diligence and in the greatest of care. We know that Irene has been training her mind to be focused on the goal that is set out before her. Yet, we also know that the greatest prize and goal of all is to run the race in the fullest of praise to our Father- Our God in Heaven who has blessed her body with the ability to run so swiftly. As a believer, pray that Irene will be able to carry the love that she has for God with her as she runs so diligently toward the goal in front of the whole world watching. Pray that He will fuel her every step and that others may see God's love overflowing from her example.
“Do you not know that in a race all the runners compete, but only one receives the prize? So, run that you may obtain it. Every athlete practices self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So, I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But, I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.”
We know that her body has been trained in the utmost of diligence and in the greatest of care. We know that Irene has been training her mind to be focused on the goal that is set out before her. Yet, we also know that the greatest prize and goal of all is to run the race in the fullest of praise to our Father- Our God in Heaven who has blessed her body with the ability to run so swiftly. As a believer, pray that Irene will be able to carry the love that she has for God with her as she runs so diligently toward the goal in front of the whole world watching. Pray that He will fuel her every step and that others may see God's love overflowing from her example.
No comments:
Post a Comment